Creating sustainable physician hospital collaborations
Stroudwater consultants gather facts and information from a variety of data sources. The most important information comes from one-to-one interviews with physicians, administrators, and board members. Consultants are assigned based on their years of experience and their areas of expertise. Rigorous data analysis is our trademark but it is supplemented by subjective judgment gained from years of working with physicians and their practices. Our recommendations are practical and can be implemented – we do not leave the client with just a series of recommendations. We will and are frequently asked by our clients to assist with implementation of the recommendations.
We offer the following services:
- Practice Assessments
- Practice Valuations
- Team-based Primary Care Redesign
- Team-based primary care redesign is a restructuring of clinical workflows to promote increased sharing of responsibilities across the entire team, which enhances practice efficiency while improving provider, patient, and staff engagement. The model is characterized by: 1) co-location of providers and staff within the office and 2) the “co-visit,” during which the physician performs an exam and interacts with the patient while the MA/nurse documents findings in the medical record in real time. Discover more here.
- Medical Staff Development Plans
- Physician Compensation Plan Design
- Fair Market Compensation Value/Opinion
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Physician-Hospital integration options
- Practice governance
- RHC-FQHC reimbursement analysis
- Provider-based reimbursement analysis
- EHR Readiness and Implementation Support
Since our founding more than 34 years ago, Stroudwater Associates has consulted in all aspects of physician practices ranging from physician-hospital alignment, to billing and collections, to physician compensation. This long-term commitment has helped give us a seasoned perspective for our clients who are trying to parse good long-term strategy from the “trend-of-the-year.”
Stroudwater has always distinguished itself from the competitors through having developed a reputation for fairness by both physicians and hospital administrators. This respect from both groups has led to numerous engagements where we are able to represent both parties when trying to resolve difficult differences.
Physician-hospital alignment work is filtered through all of our product lines and all of our consultants are actively involved in this area. Four of our consultants are considered experts in this service and are either assigned to a team or given oversight of projects in this area.